Blue screen of death (BSOD) is unpleasant malfunctioning in a windows computer that is faced by the users on quite a regular basis. When such kind of error occurs, using software programs like PC Matic becomes impossible. This error can be caused due to a variety of reasons including faulty hardware, low-level software crashing, etc. After overcoming the blue screen error you have to reinstall PC Matic once again to use it properly.
It is needless to say that your computer along with its crucial data remains atconstant risk if your PC Matic antivirus isn’t working correctly. This article is just for you if you are looking to re-install PC Matic after blue screen error. Here, you will find the detailed instructions to reinstall PC Matic after blue screen error in a computer.
What is Blue Screen Error And Its Symptoms?
Basically, Blue screen error is a situation when your PC fails to load some crucial and boot files properly. This results in crashing of your PC displaying just a blue screen. Symptoms of this problem are very clear. Some of them are as follows:
- The computer doesn’t follow any command of your Keyboard and mouse.
- PC becomes completely unresponsive.
- A blue screen appears on your PC with an error message similar to the following – “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.”
What are the Primary Causes of PC Matic Blue Screen Error?
It is extremely difficult to point out a single factor responsible for PC Matic Blue Screen Error. It is so because there is a wide range of issues that can cause such glitches. Still, we have compiled some common factors that may lead to a similar problem as given below.
- Virus Infection: In case your PC Matic application is infected with some sort of virus or malware then you may face such problems. There are many malware applications designed to block the installation of PC Matic.
- Missing .dll files: The .dll files are crucial for opening and proper functioning of PC Matic. If these files are missing then you may have to face numerous troubles.
- Corruption in software driver: In case the driver program is missing or corrupted then there are many problems that might occur in using PC Matic program.
- Improper Installation: You should know how to install PC Matic on a windows PC otherwise problems like Blue screen error can occur.
The Perfect Way to Reinstall PC Matic After Facing Blue Screen Error on a PC
Installing the PC Matic software after blue screen error can be a tricky process. However, if you know the correct method then you can do it easily. Given below are some general steps for the reinstallation of PC Matic after blue screen error on a PC.
Reboot your computer forcefully
- A computer becomes unresponsive at the time of a blue screen error. So, the first thing you need to do is restart your PC forcefully.
- Long press the power button to restart your computer.
- Rebooting the PC will reload system files and software once again.
Disable the settings of automatic restart on your computer system
- If you are a windows 7 or windows 8 user then you should disable the automatic restart option.
- To do that, you have to open the advanced settings of your system and turn off the “Automatic restart” option.
- To apply the changes, you should close all the running programs and reboot PC.
Restore window computer to a previous point of time
- Restoring your Windows computer to a previous time will undo all the bad changes that might be done to your PC Matic settings.
- If PC Matic is not reinstalling even after system restore then you should move on to the next step.
Install all the necessary windows updates
- It is crucial for you to have all the latest windows update installed on your PC.
- These windows updates allow your computer to load all the necessary programs, files, and applications swiftly. This will help you get rid of PC Matic blue screen error.
I Am Unable to Install PC Matic After Blue Screen Error – What to do?
In most of the cases, the problems will get resolved after following the above solutions. However, if you still can’t reinstall PC Matic on a computer after blue screen error then you can try some advanced solutions as given below:
- Scan your computer for malware: Many malware programs are designed to block the installation of PC Matic. So, you should scan your PC and make sure there isn’t any malware infection.
- Run PC in safe mode: In safe mode, only essential drivers are loaded by the windows. In case PC Matic problem persists then you should try to install it again in safe mode.
- Make sure the hardware devices are working properly: Faulty hardware is also a primary cause of PC Matic installation issue. While checking the hardware, you should ensure that your PC is not overheating and there is no error in your computer’s memory.
- Install the latest version of drivers: Buggy drivers can also lead to crashes and blue screen error. Download and install the latest drivers as per the hardware of your computer. You can find the appropriate drivers at the website of your computer hardware’s manufacturer.
- Reinstall Windows: If nothing works in resolving the issues then you should reinstall Windows OS. Please note that it is a nuclear solution and all your settings will be wiped out after the reinstallation.
After reading this article, we are sure that you will be able to install PC Matic after blue screen error in a computer. However, if you are still facing issues and errors then you should not worry. You can take help from the PC Matic support team in such a situation.